- Buy your WKU Parking Permit!
- Manage Your Parking Account
- Appeal a Citation
- Pay a Citation
- NextBus Information
- Alumni Square Garage
- Enterprise Car Share
- Event Shuttle Request
- Departmental Service Request
- Advertising Opportunities
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Visitors to Campus
- Disability Parking
- Car Free
- PTS Staff
- Campus Services and Facilities
- 15 Passenger Van Training
Bicycle Parking Policy
Individuals riding and parking bicycles on campus.
Abandoned bicycle: Bicycles are considered abandoned when they are observed by PTS staff to be secured in the same position and location for 60 consecutive days.
Public Access, Ingress, Egress areas: Areas such as doorways, halls, stairways and elevators which are used by pedestrians to move in, out or through buildings.
• Bicycles must be parked at the fixed racks provided throughout campus.
o A bike rack map can be viewed by clicking here.
• Bicycles must not:
o Park on lawns or sidewalks
o Be chained to trees, light poles, fences, benches or other fixtures
o Be chained to hand rails or disability access ramps
o Block stairways or emergency exits
• Bicycles may not be parked in public access, ingress or egress areas inside buildings.
o For policies regarding the storage or parking of bicycles inside residence halls, please refer to the Bicycles/Bicycle Racks section of the Hilltopics Residence Hall Handbook.
Enforcement of Policy
• Improperly parked bicycles may be immobilized or impounded at the discretion of the enforcement officer.
• Unclaimed immobilized bicycles will be impounded after a minimum of 24 hours.
• Abandoned bicycles will be impounded.
Immobilized, Impounded and Unclaimed Bicycles
• Parking & Transportation Services should be contacted at (270) 745-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a bicycle released.
• To reclaim a bicycle that has been immobilized or impounded, a written, detailed description of the bicycle and the location it was parked must be submitted to Parking and Transportation Services. E-mail is acceptable.
• A $10 Immobilization/ Impound Fee must be paid before the bicycle will be released.
• Impounded bicycles that are not claimed within 90 days of impound may be donated to a charitable organization.
Identification stickers will be placed on bicycles that are parked illegally. To impound bicycles, locking devices may be cut. WKU is not responsible for damage to bicycle or locks that result from the immobilization or impoundment process.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,