Parking and Transportation Updates
- Friday, August 20th, 2021
Welcome Back! We hope you had a great summer break! Here are updates for the parking and transit operations for the new year!
- With completion of the Normal Hall and Regents Hall, two new parking lots are open. Normal Hall Lot and Regents Hall Lot are zoned Premium Housing (H3).
- Chestnut Street South is now zoned Housing (H7), Overflow Zone (OZ) and Faculty/Staff (FS3).
- Kentucky Street is zoned Commuter (C3) and Faculty / Staff (FS3).
- Russellville Road West Lot is zoned Commuter Park and Ride (C6).
- Hilltop Lot is zoned Faculty/Staff (FS1) and has expanded public parking options.
- New transit route names:
- South Campus Route – serves South Campus, Campus Flats, Normal Street and Park Street Lot with frequency every 16 minutes during peak service.
- Kentucky Street Route - serves Parking Structure 3, Normal Street, the Valley, Kentucky Street Apartments, and the Columns with frequency every 13 minutes during peak service.
- Campus Circulator Route – serves Russellville Road West, Parking Structure 3, the Valley, Normal Street, DSU and Keen Hall with frequency every 11 minutes during peak service.
- Topper Taxi On-Demand Service - Use the TapRide app and your WKU NetID to log in and request service.
- Services provided anywhere on main campus or south campus.
- 4:30pm – 9:00pm on Sunday’s
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm Monday – Friday
- Paratransit service is available Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm. Contact PTS at 270-745-2361 to register.
Housing parking regulations resume on Sunday, August 22nd at 4:30 PM. Normal parking regulations and full transit services resume on Monday, August 23rd, at 7:15AM.
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.