Topper Transit Changes
- Thursday, January 14th, 2021
Bowling Green, KY. In an effort to increase efficiency and frequency of service, Parking and Transportation Services will be introducing three new Topper Transit routes beginning in the Spring 2021 semester. These new transit routes expand service back to Normal Street, the main academic corridor of campus. Each route will circulate campus allowing students to access classroom buildings and residence halls. Adding a third route will maintain low passenger occupancy for proper social distancing on the buses.
Transit changes for the Spring 2021 semester are as follows:
- See the Spring 2021 Transit Changes Video
- Red Line
- Serves Parking Structure 3, the Valley, Normal Street, Chestnut Street South, and Avenue of Champions.
- Service Frequency: 7:30AM - 4:00PM - 10 minutes; 4:00PM - 6:00PM - 30 minutes
- White Line
- Serves South Campus, Campus Flats Apartments, Normal Street, and Park Street Lot
- Service Frequency: 7:15AM – 3:00PM: 16 minutes; 3:00PM – 6:00PM: 32 minutes
- Blue Line
- Serves Parking Structure 3, Normal Street, the Valley, and the Kentucky Street Apartments.
- Service Frequency: 7:25AM – 4:00PM - 13 minutes; 4:00PM – 6:00PM: 26 minutes
- Green Line (Shopping Shuttle)
- The shuttle will continue to operate on its normal route on Saturdays 4PM – 8:30PM.
- Topper Taxi will provide evening on-demand service. All three daytime bus routes end service at 6PM Monday – Friday. Topper Taxi will operate 6PM – 9PM Monday – Friday and 4:30PM – 9PM on Sunday during the Spring semester.
- Download the free TapRide app to request evening service.
Topper Transit remains committed to passenger safety during the current COVID-19 pandemic. All buses are cleaned and disinfected daily and passengers are still required to wear masks and observe social distancing practices.