TOP Placement Exams
Students starting at WKU in Fall 2020 are NOT required to take the Math Placement Exams.
Foreign Language Exams
WKU requires that incoming students demonstrate at lease novice high proficiency in
a foreign language
A placement exam is highly recommended before signing up for a language course. Visit the Modern Language Department's website for information on exam options.
Questions about the Foreign Language Placement Exam?
Email email@example.com or call 270-745-4242.
Accuplacer & Other Exams
May be required for students who do not have recent ACT or SAT scores to determine
placement in courses
This exam is required for students who do not have ACT or SAT scores, or who have been out of school for an extended period of time. You will be notified either by the TOP office staff or the Advising and Career Development Center before (or rarely at) your orientation date.
This exam is only available in a proctored environment, so we strongly encourage you to make an appointment and take this exam in advance.
To schedule an ACCUPLACER exam:
- Select your location: You may select any WKU campus site or an approved location within the Accuplacer Remote Network
- For scheduling at the DELO Testing Centers in Bowling Green, KY or an approved Accuplacer Remote Network testing location, please call 270-745-5122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For scheduling at one of the WKU Regional campuses:
- Glasgow: Call 270-861-6969
- Owensboro: Call 270-745-5095
- Ft. Knox: Call 270-745-2626
*Examination fees vary based on testing location.