Sundance Film Festival
This hybrid course is an intense immersive experience of film through the Sundance Film Festival. The course will introduce students to the study and practice of film festivals, including the analysis of independent films and the understanding of independent production and distribution.
Students will engage with the films and filmmakers at Sundance firsthand through a series of screenings, panels, course lectures, and class assignments.
- Experience Film through attendance at Sundance Film Festival.
- Engage firsthand with film makers, critics, and fans of independent film.
- See multiple independent films.
Read what students say about this program
- "I'll start with the facts. Over the course of eight days, I attended 24 screenings of 23 films in ten different Sundance categories." Read more...
- "I never thought I'd get to take a class that would allow me to watch films at one of the biggest film festivals and give me the chance to interact with filmmakers and actors." Read more...
- "The Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah is known not only for showcasing independent films, and bringing together movie-types like actors, directors and filmmakers – but also for its generous amounts of snowfall and chilly temperatures." Read more...
Course Options (3 credits)
- Film 399
- English 399
- POP 399
- Eligible for credit as an Honors course and as a GWS course
- Park City, Utah
- Winter 2020
Jan 21-29, 2020
Application opens soon!
Western Kentucky University and its associates are not responsible for any loss due to theft, personal injury, flight or weather delays, negligence, or default of suppliers, or suppliers changing of itineraries. They and their associates are not responsible for any loss due to travel/flight delays or changes in travel plans due to Acts of Nature or other unforeseen circumstances, nor are we responsible for accidents and medical care. Tour services are furnished by independent contractors who are not agents or servants of Western Kentucky University. Refunds are not available for unused portions of the package.