WKU Regents approve three new certificate programs
- Author: WKU News
- Author: Friday, August 7th, 2020
The WKU Board of Regents approved three new certificate programs during its third quarterly meeting on Friday (Aug. 7). They include graduate certificates in Data Analytics and Cybersecurity Data Analytics and an undergraduate certificate in Floodplain Management.
In other business, the Board:
- Approved emeritus status for five faculty members who have served the University for at least 10 years and have had distinguished records of achievement and service. They include: Beverly Siegrist, Nursing and Allied Health; Dawn Bolton, Management; Cheryl Davis, Biology; David Neal, Mathematics; and Wieb Van der Meer, Physics and Astronomy.
- Approved philanthropic and honorary namings in the Cliff Todd Center. They include:
- The Mike Simpson Family Board Room and the Kim Eisert Simpson Garden in recognition of gifts from Mike and Kim Simpson.
- The Harvey Johnston Family Living Room in recognition of a gift from Denny and Carol Wedge.
- The Susan Page and John D. Minton Jr. Family Wing and the Roger M. and Hattie Collins Sullivan Page Garden in recognition of a gift from John and Susan Minton.
- The Downing Room in recognition of gifts from various friends and family members of Dero and Harriet Downing.
- The Cherry Room in recognition of Dr. Henry Hardin Cherry, first president of the College Heights Foundation.
- The Garrett Room in recognition of Dr. Paul Garrett, president emeritus of the College Heights Foundation.
- The Thompson Room in recognition of Dr. Kelly E. Thompson, president emeritus of the College Heights Foundation.
- The Mary C. Sample Room in recognition of Mary Sample, former executive secretary of the College Heights Foundation.
Contact: Bob Skipper, firstname.lastname@example.org