Faculty & Program Leaders
Apply the lessons learned in the classroom through off-campus, hands-on practical learning in locations throughout the world.
Study Away is right for you if:
- You want to take your classroom on the road, but need help in dealing with the logistics,
- You are running a certificate program, and desire to give your students a fresh perspective on their program,
- You are seeking to challenge students in new ways with Honors enriched embedded courses, or
- You want to incorporate an off-campus experience into a semester-long course.
Anyone who can teach a course may be a Study Away program leader. A co-leader, second person with the instructor, could be any WKU employee (or student).
We also offer Program Leader travel grants to develop new programs.
Faculty Led Study Abroad (FLSA) programs are organized entirely by WKU, led by WKU faculty members for students eligible for WKU credit.
American Traveler programs can be led by anyone who is an expert about an area or topic. It matters little whether the expertise comes as a result of professional study or practiced hobby, as long as you have a passion to share with others.
Services We Offer
The Study Away Office is here to help make your program work by providing these services:
- Program development travel grants
- Consultation in program design
- Billing and Budgeting
- Marketing support
- Application Management
- Student registration
- Travel coordination
- Risk Management & Emergency response
- Student Scholarships