- B.S. in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (Ref. # 526)
- Certification (Birth to Primary) and Non-certification concentrations are available.
- B.S. in Special Education (Ref. # 553)
- Dual certification in Learning and Behavior Disorders and Elementary Education (Primary to Grade 12)
- B.S. in Elementary Education (Ref. # 527)
- Certification to teach Primary to Grade 5
- B.S. in Middle Level Education in Social Studies and Language Arts (Ref. #5001)
- Certification to teach English/Language Arts and/or Social Studies (Grades 5-9)
- B.S. in Science and Mathematics Education (Ref. # 774)
- Paired with appropriate content majors, this program leads to certification to teach mathematics or science in middle school (Grades 5-9), or Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, or Physics in high school (Grades 8-12).
- B.S. in Business and Marketing Education (Ref. # 621) [PDF]
- Certification to teach Grades 5-12
- Secondary Education
- Course work for certification to teach Art, French, German, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish (Primary to Grade 12). Students must major in appropriate content areas.
- Course work for certification to teach Agriculture Education, Business and Marketing Education, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Technology Education, and Industrial (Vocational, Career, Technical) Education (Grades 5-12). Students must major in appropriate content areas.
- Course work for certification to teach English and Allied Language Arts or Social Studies (Grades 8-12). Students must major in appropriate content areas.
- Post-baccalaureate certification-only (Elementary – Ref. # 927; Middle – Ref. # 979; Secondary – Ref. # 980)
- Become a Teacher!
- Undergraduate Advising for Elementary and Middle Grades Education
- Undergraduate Advising for Secondary Education and Business/Marketing Education
- Admissions/Advising Contact Persons for Undergraduate Programs
- Code of Conduct for Professional Education Candidates
- Teacher Admissions
- Teacher Admission Requirements
- Teacher Certification
- Early Field Experiences
- Minority Teacher Recruitment Center
- Student Teaching
- Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board
- Certification Requirements for the 50 States
- K-12 Job Opportunities for the 50 States
- FAQs on Teacher Certification
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,