- Department Head SLPS, Associate Professor, and Interim CEBS Associate Dean for Retention, Persistence, and Degree Completion
- Gary A. Ransdell Hall Room 3085
- B.A. from the Michigan State University
- J.D. from Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Ph.D. in Educational Policy, Planning and Leadership – The College of William and Mary
Research Interests: My research interests focus on legal issues pertaining to the evaluation and termination of tenured public school teachers for incompetence and poor performance. In addition, I am interested in the legal issues of student discipline, particularly policies and procedures that affect Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure.
Professional Background: I was a practicing attorney for five years and focused my work on employment-related issues. As I transitioned into P-12 service, I built on the employment issues foundation and served as an executive director and assistant superintendent for human resources. In higher education, I have enjoyed working with aspiring administrators, engaging in the exploration of how law and policy impact administrative practice and have chaired and served on dissertation committees in leadership and policy studies.
Personal Background: I am married to my husband, Ron. We have a Yorkshire Terrier, Chewey. I am an avid reader, particularly fiction in the area of espionage and intrigue. I enjoy golfing and travelling.