Study Abroad/Student Teach Abroad Scholarship
In support of WKU’s mission to be A Leading American University with International Reach, SGA proudly supports the study abroad endeavors of WKU students. Winter, spring, and summer term applicants should apply in the semester before their program begins. Scholarships are awarded on a merit basis with emphasis placed on GPA, demonstrated leadership, extracurricular activities, strength of essay, and relevance of program to academic studies. The maximum award per term is $300 . Study Away participants are eligible to apply.
Application Due Date: March 27, 2018.
Award Amount: Maximum of $300 per term.
- Completed application form. Click here to download application.
- Unofficial Academic Transcript. (Please download from Topnet as a PDF)
Please submit both documents together in an email to WKU.SGA.StudyAbroad@gmail.com.
- GPA should be reported based on your “Overall GPA” as reported on your transcript.
- Students must be enrolled in a course during the term in which they hope to receive scholarship or grant funding.
- SGA is proud to fund a select number of study away scholarships in most academic years. However, the allocation of these funds is coordinated through the WKU Office of Study Away.
- Recommendation letters are not requested by the SGA but references may be contacted at the discretion of the selection committee.
All general scholarship questions should be sent to email@example.com.