- Scholarship Home
- Incoming Freshmen
- Freshman Scholarship Booklet
- Current Students
- Transfer Students
- Departmental Scholarships
- Tuition Incentive Program
- Alumni Grant
- Outside Scholarships
We are excited that you are considering transferring to WKU to pursue your bachelor’s degree. WKU is making it easier and more affordable for community college students to transfer to any of our four convenient campus locations in Bowling Green, Glasgow, Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, and Owensboro.
To apply for a scholarship, students must meet eligibility requirements and submit an application and any required documentation by the specified deadlines. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Apply at wku.edu/apply. Your admissions application is your scholarship application. To be considered for these scholarships, apply for admission to WKU by April 1 (for fall admission) and November 1 (for spring admission).
- Contact the registrar’s office of your current school and request that a copy of your transcript be sent to WKU Office of Admissions. Scholarships are awarded after your final transcript arrives and eligibility requirements are verified. Final transcript must show degree granted. If final transcripts arrive after the semester begins, WKU will award scholarships until October 1 for the fall semester and until March 1 for the spring semester.
- Enroll full-time at WKU.
For Students Transferring From the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) or a Joint Admissions Partner Institution:
- Students transferring from any KCTCS institution, or from a Joint Admissions partner institution, who meet the eligibility requirements, will receive an automatic
award at WKU for up to two academic years. A student must obtain an associate’s degree
prior to their first semester at WKU. Awards are as follows:
- $4,000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.75+ (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $3,000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.5-3.7499 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $2,000 with overall cumulative GPA 3.25-3.499 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
- $1,500 with overall cumulative GPA 3.0-3.2499 (renewable with 3.0 GPA)
For Students Transferring From Other Community Colleges:
- Students transferring from other community colleges who meet the eligibility requirements
will receive an automatic award at WKU for up to two academic years. A student must
have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at a community college prior to their
first semester at WKU. Awards are as follows:
- $1,500 with overall cumulative GPA 3.5 (renewable with 3.25 GPA)
The scholarships listed above are divided equally by semester for up to four semesters. Academic scholarships are evaluated for renewal after the spring semester. The student must have earned an average of 12 hours per semester and have the appropriate GPA as listed above to receive the renewed scholarship.
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions!
Contact us to learn more
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,