Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Surplus Request

WKU Resource Conservation

Get Involved 

GameDay Recycling Challenge

Diddle/Smith Recycling Program

Diddle/Smith Frequently Asked Questions


Request a Recycling Bin

Recycling Signage 

Recycling Data

Where does the Recycling Go?

Single Stream Recycling @ WKU

Recycling Best Practices 

Waste-Less Wednesday Winners!


Looking for an item for your office? 

Submit a Surplus Pick Up Request

Surplus a Vehicle

How to submit a surplus work order

Shipping & Receiving Department (Move Requests)

Facilities Management


Composting on Campus


Dropping Off Items

If you have smaller items that don't require a truck, please arrange a drop off time for you to bring the items to surplus by emailing For larger items such as furniture, please fill out a Surplus Pick Up Request Form (below)

A note about Filing Cabinets and Fridges

Filing cabinets and fridges need to be completely cleaned out and emptied before we will take to surplus/recycling. The department surplusing the item is responsible for making sure everything is empty before placing a request for pickup.

Surplus Pickup Request 

Requests for items needing to be picked up going into Surplus can be completed here. This link will redirect you to the DFM Work Order System where surplus requests are now being handled. Remember to be as descriptive as possible on all the items you list and include ICN, Serial, and Model numbers where possible. Removal of surplus items from your inventory depends on the details you provide in your work description.


 First time users of this system should read this Step-By-Step Guide first.

Move Requests

To request a MOVE request (one department to another department) please continue to use this form as Transfer requests will continue to be handled through Shipping and Receiving.


For any recycling or surplus questions, please contact extension 6827.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 3/19/18