Specialist in Education: School Psychology
Initial Application Deadline: February 1st - Applications after that date will be accepted.
While most applicants to the Ed.S. degree have a Bachelors degree in psychology, those with a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field are considered as well.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of four (4) psychology classes (12 semester hours);
- A minimum score of 142 on both the Verbal and Quantitative scales on the Graduate Record Examination General Test with a minimum GRE writing score of 3.5, and
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
Beyond these minimum requirements, selection is competitive. Interviews with program faculty are recommended.
Applicants should submit:
- Psychology Department application form
- Graduate School application form
- Three letters of recommendation (scanned letters can be emailed directly to WKU by the letter writers if sent to: email@example.com).
- Affidavit form (affirming that they have never been convicted or charged with a felony crime)
- A personal statement (500 to 1000 words) that describes your interest in becoming a school psychologist as well as any relevant experiences (e.g., jobs, volunteer experiences with children or youth, research experiences).
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit one official transcript indicating the completed degree. The transcript must be forwarded from the applicant's college or university registrar directly to the Graduate School. Applicants who have not yet completed their undergraduate degree are to submit their transcripts at the time of application and, if admitted, one official transcript after the degree is completed.
Applications for admission should be completed by February 1st. Late applications (even through summer) will be considered only if space permits.
All admitted students must separately qualify for admission to the college’s Professional Education program during the first semester of classes. That application includes a criminal background check, TB test, and physical examination (from a health care provider), all at the applicant's expense. Forms and procedures will be given to the accepted graduate students at the beginning of the school year.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,