Specialist in Education: School Psychology
- Program Philosophy
- Admission Requirements
- About Bowling Green/WKU
- Why Attend WKU?
- Application Procedure
- Financial Support
- Ed.S. Faculty
- Contact us
- Psychology Graduate Programs
"The program's reputation is positive." --program graduate
While most applicants to the Ed.S. degree have a Bachelors degree in psychology, those with a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field are considered as well. Applicants must have
- a minimum of four (4) psychology classes (12 semester hours);
- a minimum score of 142 on both the Verbal and Quantitative scales on the Graduate Record Examination General Test with a minimum GRE writing score of 3.5, and
- a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
Beyond these minimum requirements, selection is competitive. Interviews with program faculty are recommended. All admitted students must separately qualify for admission to professional education during the first semester of classes. That application includes a criminal background check, TB test, and physical examination (from a physician), all at the applicant's expense.
Applicants should submit:
- A psychology department application form;
- The graduate school application form;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- The affidavit form (affirming that they have never been convicted or charged with a felony crime)
- A personal statement (500 to 1000 words) that describes your interests in becoming a school psychologist as well as any relevant experiences (e.g., jobs or volunteer experiences with children or youth, research experiences).
These forms are available online. (See the "Application Procedure" link.)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,