GMAT Waivers Available
- A GMAT waiver is granted to PMBA applicants who satisfy the experience requirements
- This policy is applied to new applicants only.
- The GMAT remains a requirement in our other MBA options (Online and Full-time).
- Starting with the Fall 2016 Cohort
- Graduate in less than 2 years
- Year 1: Fall, Spring, Summer
- Year 2: Fall, Spring (5 semesters total)
Experience Based Admission
Experienced managers or professional must have 5 years or more of qualified experience (Not just 5 years employment). See the following criteria for qualifications appropriate for an “executive MBA program”.
Qualifying Management Experience Criteria: “The qualified manager has…
- Responsibilities for high dollar amount accounts, equipment, etc.
- Some final decision making power
- Budget/financial related duties
- A record of progressive managerial positions
Qualifying Professional Experience Criteria: “The profession requires…”
- Additional school, training, or certifications beyond bachelors initially
- Continuing education or certifications to maintain eligibility
- Responsibility for high dollar amount accounts, equipment, etc.
- However, the professional position might not always lend itself to "managing" others
- Transcript - showing Bachelor’s degree & 2.75 undergraduate GPA
- Resume - detailing qualifying experience (see criteria above)
- Reference Letter - from your employer showing qualifying experience
*These minimum requirements establish eligibility for admission, but do not guarantee acceptance.
High Quality MBA in an Accessible Format
While most MBA programs offer students a chance to study the fundamentals, the WKU Professional MBA program is designed to assist individuals with important management experience achieve their full potential as leaders. WKU's Professional MBA program has been ranked in the top 5% in learning among U.S. universities in multiple years.
The WKU program meets the needs of business professionals wanting to achieve more:
- Attend two courses per semester on alternate Saturdays
- International study-abroad opportunities
- Team-based format
- A cohort begins each fall semester
- AACSB-International Accreditation
Preparation: MBA Foundation Modules
Successful professionals and managers seek an MBA without sitting in up to 8 additional classes just to get prepared for core MBA courses. However, MBA courses are high quality, rigorous, and require preparation.
The WKU MBA is a leading innovator in creating needed preparation in an “on-demand” format. WKU MBA students complete a 4.5 credit-hour “MBA Foundation Modules” course which fully prepares them for the 7 Core and 3 Elective courses. (Students who have completed a full business degree in the past 5 years do not need the MBA Foundation Modules.
Start your PMBA Today
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,