The 48th Annual WKU Student Research Conference will take place on Saturday, March 24, 2018 at the Downing Student Union.
Our very own Alex Henson was featured in this week's View From The Hill in an episode about the research conference. Alex talks about his work in Dr. Sanju Gupta's laboratory that he will present on at the conference.
A listing of presentations by physics and astronomy students is presented below. For additional information see the Student Research Conference website.
36. Henson, Alex; Evans, Brendan; Gupta, Sanju “Large-area Graphene Membranes and Mesoporous Deionization Electrodes for Water Desalination.” (Sanju Gupta)
38. Banaszak, Alexander; Gupta, Sanju “Graphene-mediated Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy and Detection of Biomolecules” (Sanju Gupta)
43. Cooper, Lauren; Kholikov, Khomidkhodzha; Ilhom, Saidjafarzoda; Thomas, Zachary; Smith, Skyler; Er, Ali. “The Effects Of Photo-activated Graphene Quantum Dots on Bacterial Deactivation” (Ali Er)
49. Loomis, Devon; Harper, Seth; Dobrokhotov, Vladimir; Banga, Simran “Metal Oxide Semiconductors and Their Application for Spoiled Meat Detection” (Vladimir Dobrokhotov)
54. Sanford, Dylan; Ottman, Claire; Roberts, Duvall; Thomas, Zachary; Saidjafarzoda, Illhom; Khomidkhodza, Kholikov; Li, Peizhen; San, Omar; Karaka, Haluk. “Scalable Patterning Using Laser-induced Shock Waves.” (Ali Er)
55. Harper, Seth; Loomis, Devon; Dobrokhotov, Vladimir; Banga, Simran; Novikov, Ivan “Comparison of Bacterial Count and Sensor Response Using Metal Oxide Sensors” (Vladimir Dobrokhotov)
1:30 Ilhom, Saidjafarzoda; Kholikov, Khomidkhodza; Thomas, Zachary; Roberts, Duvall; Er, Ali; Li, Peizhen; Karaca, Haluk “Generation of Recoverable Patterns on Niti Alloy by Pulsed Laser Irradiation” (Ali Er)
1:45 Kholikov, Khomidkhodzha; Ilhom, Saidjafarzoda; Thomas, Zachary; Smith, Skyler; Cooper, Lauren; Er, Ali “Photodeactivation of Pathogenic Bacteria Using Graphene Quantum Dots Synthesized by Nanosecond Laser Pulses” (Ali Er)
8. Meek, Romney; Evans, Brandan; Henson, Alex; Gupta, Sanju “Graphene-carbon Nanotube Aerogel as Organic Thermoelectrochemical Energy Harvesters: Hydrothermal Synthesis, Structural Characterization and Properties” (Sanju Gupta)
22. Evans, Brendan; Meek, Romney; Henson, Alex; Gupta, Sanju "Multiple Roles of Surface Functionality of Graphene-family Nanomaterials on Electronic and Phononic Properties for Applied Electrochemistry" (Sanju Gupta)
29. King, Carson; "Comparison of Coronal Dimming Behavior between Xrt and Aia Data" (Gordon Emslie)
40.Wilkerson, Phillip; Champey, Patrick; Winebarger, Amy; Kobayashi, Ken; Savage, Sabrina; "Marshall Grazing Incidence X-ray Spectrometer (magixs) Slit-jaw Imaging System" (Gordon Emslie)
47. Taylor, Morgan; Andrew, Keith; Womble, Phillip; Andrew, Karla; “A Cyber Social Model for Analyzing Information Transmissions of Twitter Data Sets to Preform Threat Level Assessments" (Keith Andrew)
25. Thomas, Zachary; Seyitliyev, Dovletgeldi; Kholikov, Khomidkhodzha; Grant, Byron “Laser-induced Hydrogen Generation from Coal” (Ali Er)
27. Carter, Trason; Saidjafarzodaa, Ilhom; Kholikov, Khomidkhodza; Thomas, Zachary; Cooper, Lauren; Er, Ali “A Multi- and Few-layer Graphene Growth on Si(100) By Pulsed Laser Deposition” (Ali Er)