Interested in applying...DPT Events & Activities
1. Biology/Anatomy: Twelve hours (three semesters) of laboratory and lecture-based biology (one anatomy course with laboratory or anatomy/physiology course with lab is required)
- At WKU, these courses are as follows (course descriptions - Biology) :
- BIO 120/121,
- BIO 122/123,
- BIO 131, (course descriptions - Biology cont.)
- BIO 231
- If the anatomy and physiology courses (appropriate for science majors) at your University are 3 hours each and DO NOT have an associated laboratory component, taking BOTH of these courses is acceptable as ONE (1) of the THREE (3) required semesters of Biology/Anatomy. The remaining two prerequisites need to be biology courses WITH LABS.
2. Chemistry: Two semesters of laboratory and lecture-based inorganic (general) chemistry (for science majors)
- At WKU, these courses are as follows (course descriptions - Chemistry):
- CHEM 120/121,
- CHEM 222/223
3. Physics: Two semesters of laboratory and lecture-based physics (for science majors)
*** At least five of the above seven prerequisite science courses should be completed with grades by the end of the Fall 2015 semester (for applicants wishing to start Summer 2016).
4. Social/Behavioral Sciences: Six hours (psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, ethics, etc.)
5. Statistics: One semester (3 credits) statistics or research methods
Medical Terminology as well as more common content areas in Biology and Exercise Science.
For any questions, please contact the respective department(s).
***No grade lower than a C is acceptable in the above prerequisite courses.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,