Family of the Year
2020 Family of the Year Nominations Coming Soon...
WKU recognizes our students rely on the support of their family during their college experience and acknowledges this valuable contribution to our students' success and growth in college annual with the recognition of our Family of the Year during WKU Parent & Family Weekend. We will recognize the 2020 WKU Family of the Year during halftime of the WKU vs. UAB football game on Saturday, September 19, 2020. WKU’s Family of the Year will receive:
- The nominating student will receive a $500 scholarship for Fall 2020
- Complimentary seating with President Caboni for up to four family members & recognition at half-time of the WKU vs. UAB football game
- Plaque commemorating the family as the 2019 WKU Family of the Year
- 2020 Parent and Family Weekend Event T-Shirts
- Lodging provided for the evening of Saturday, September 19th
- Complimentary parking
- Tickets to Parent & Family weekend activities including:
- WKU Symphony Concert and Theatre productions
- Hilltopper Family Cookout
- Farewell Brunch
- To be eligible for selection as Family of the Year, the family must have at least one (1) student enrolled full-time and in good academic standing at WKU Fall 2019.
- “Family” is defined as parents, guardians, foster families, siblings, spouses, and partners from whom the student receives support.
Nominees do not have to be former WKU students to be selected for the award. Nominators must be current WKU undergraduate, or graduate students enrolled full-time and in good academic standing. Nominations submitted by family members will not be eligible to win.
Applications will be reviewed by the Parent & Family Programs Family of the Year Awards Committee. The selection process will begin after the application deadline on September 10, 2020.
Application deadline: September 10, 2020
Winner will be notified via email: September 14, 2020
Should you have any questions regarding the 2020 WKU Family of the Year Nomination Form or process, please contact Sharon Hunter, Assistant Director, Housing and Residence Life, email@example.com.