Parent & Family Programs
Western Kentucky University Parents Association serves as the official parent and family member organization. The Association links our institution and the parents and family members of current students. Its primary purpose is to support the mission of WKU Parent and Family Programs--to engage parents and family members of current WKU students as partners in ensuring student success.
The Parents Association achieves this purpose by:
- Directly connecting parents and family members of current WKU students to University administrators;
- Supporting Parent and Family Programs events and activities;
- Providing feedback and identifying and advocating needs and concerns of other WKU parents and family members to University administrators;
- Assisting the University in fundraising for the Parents Fund which supports non-university funded programs and student directed initiatives; and,
- Engaging in outreach activities designed to acquaint prospective students, parents, and family members with WKU, promote Parents Association membership, and connect parents and family members to each other.