Food Processing & Technology
Benefits of the Degree
- A joint admissions opportunity for the students with OCTC, KCTCS and WKU-O that provides an economic incentive to the student. Students may transfer their complete A.A., A.S., or A.A.S. degree to the Food Processing and Technology Major.
- Great opportunities for the students to participate in at least one paid internships in high-tech food industry in Kentucky area to prepare students for a job after graduation. There are numerous food processors who accept the FPT students for internships in the Central and Western Kentucky regions of Kentucky.
- Opportunities for students to engage in applied research with food scientists. Students learn the fundamentals of processing, and making safe, wholesome, nutritious food products.
- A unique program of study offered in Owensboro where majors do not have to travel to the main campus of WKU for courses.
- Students benefit from small class sizes, one-on-one teaching, dedicated faculty, and student-oriented advising.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,