Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Academic Advisors



Charlotte Dixon


Chelsea Martin

Charlotte Dixon
 Chelsea Martin
Undergraduate Advisor   Undergraduate Advisor
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get an official transcript?

Requests for an official transcript must be in writing to the Registrar’s office. Forms can be found in the WKU Owensboro office or you can complete a request form on your own. An online transcript request form is available through the WKU Registrar’s website or through TopNet. Payment of $7 per transcript must accompany the request. Be sure to include your name, social security number or WKU ID and the location where you want the transcript sent. If paying by credit card, include the name on the card, the card number, the type of card and the expiration date. Send your request to:

Registrar’s Office
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights BLVD #11017
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1017
How do I look up a course syllabus online?
Course syllabi can be found on TopNet.  Use the Quick Links shortcut at the very top of every WKU page; use the TopNet or Schedule of Classes link and search for the term and specific course.  Once the search is complete, there is a "Syllabi" column.  Look for the hyperlinked "Yes" in this column to download a syllabi.  If there is no hyperlink, the syllabi has not been posted.
Where can I get a course catalog?
Undergraduate and graduate catalogs are available online.  Click here for a current copy of the Undergraduate Catalog.
How do I know when to register for classes?
Registration dates can be found in the registration guide for the particular semester for which you wish to register, or on TopNet under "Registration Status." The registration dates change for each new semester so you should check the registration guide or TopNet each semester. The link to the Registration Guide can be found on the Office of the Registrar’s website. Students may register without penalty any time after their assigned date to register through the day prior to the first day of the term.
How do I change my major or minor?
To change your major, minor or advisor you must go to TopNet, Student Services, Student Records, and then choose the Change of Major/Minor/Concentration/Advisor form. Follow the directions given on the website.  If directed to take the form to the specified departments for signatures, WKU Owensboro is happy to mail the forms for you.  Please see WKU Owensboro advisors with any questions.
How do I see which credits transfer to WKU?
To see which credits transfer to WKU, visit the Transfer Center's website and select the "How Will My Credits Transfer" link.  The Transfer Equivalencies Table link is located on this page. Choose the school that you are transferring from with the dropdown box at the top of the screen. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Can I register for classes myself?

Yes! Continuing students register for classes on TopNet after meeting with an advisor.

  1. Log in to TopNet
  2. Select Student Services
  3. Select Registration
  4. Select Register/Add/Drop Classes
  5. Enter the desired term
  6. Type in the CRNs for the courses for which you would like to register

For a video tutorial on registering for classes, click here.

Can I be admitted to a KCTCS school and WKU Owensboro at the same time?

Yes! Joint admissions students can be admitted to WKU Owensboro and a KCTCS school at the same time, which gives students more access to resources, including advising, libraries, labs and student services.  These students typically have less than 30 college credit hours.  These students can still receive financial aid.

For additional Advising or Registration FAQs, please visit the Registrar's FAQ page.
For video tutorials on registering with TopNet, or using iCap, please click on the hyperlinks.
Have further questions?  Feel free to email us at!

How can we assist you?

WKU Owensboro can help you reach your goals.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 1/2/18