Whenever a page is saved or published, the OU Campus system keeps a record of the action. The page log feature displays all of the saves and publishes, whether manual, scheduled, or part of a directory or site publish, that have occurred for a specific page. Users can view a page's Log by selecting Content > Pages from the global navigation bar and hovering over the page's row to display the available actions.
Additionally, selecting a page for editing and clicking Properties in the Page Actions toolbar will provide a link to the Log list view.
The Log Screen includes the following elements:
- Properties Menu: Displays the name of the currently selected page, as well as several menu items which allow the user to quickly navigate between the different sections of the Properties menu, including the Log screen.
- Log List View: Provides a list view of all previous actions performed on the currently selected page.
Log List View
The Log screen contains the Log list view, which displays a list of all previous actions performed on the currently selected content. The Log list view includes the following elements:
- Actions: The action performed per each row item. The actions displayed in this column will vary.
- Date: The date when the action was performed.
- User: The user who performed the action.
The actions that appear in the Log list view will vary between each row as each row represents a single action. The actions that are displayed include:
- Save: The file was saved to the staging server.
- File Publish: The file was published to the production server.
- Content Republished: Content was published to the production server without any changes.
- Directory Publish: The selected directory and all content within that directory was published to the production server.
- Site Publish: The selected site and all content within that site was published to the production server.
- Scheduled Publish: A publish was executed on a predefined date set by a user.
- Content Reverted: The content on the staging server has been reverted to a previous version in the versions archive.
- Content Expired: An expire was set on a file. An expire action can be set to delete, replace, or redirect.
- Content Recycled: The content was sent to the Recycling Bin.
- Content Recovered: The content was moved out of the Recycling Bin and back into its predefined directory.
- Content Deleted: Content was permanently deleted from the Recycling Bin and the OU Campus system.
- Upload: All external files but binaries are uploaded to the staging server. External binary files are uploaded to the production server.
- Overwrite: The previous version of the selected content has been replaced with a new version.
- Find and Replace Publish: The file was published as part of a Find and Replace search.
Accessing the Log List View
Whether a page is checked in or checked out is irrelevant when accessing the Log list view. To access the Log list view:
- Navigate to the Pages list view by selecting Content > Pages from the global navigation bar.
- Hover over the target item's row and select Log from the Preview menu. Additionally, selecting Properties from the Edit menu will also display the Log list view.