Type of Assets
LDP Form Specific
- Action Toolbar
Still Need Help?
Plain Text Asset Overview
Plain Text Assets are used for creating assets with plain text that do not include HTML. They are created and edited with the plain text editor. Text is rendered as plain text and characters are escaped.
Creating a Plain Text Asset
- Navigate to the Assets list view by selecting Content > Assets from the global navigation bar.
- Click the New button.
- Select Plain Text from the menu to display the New Plain Text Asset screen.
- Fill out the required fields to create the asset. For this particular asset, the Asset Content Panel will contain only plain text. Any markup language is not escaped and included on the page as text. No editor is used for this asset.
- After configuring the items click Create.
- Once the asset has been created, Publish the asset.
Like pages, created and saved assets can be immediately published, scheduled to publish, or sent to user for approval. An unpublished asset can even be inserted into pages; however, an asset does not render on the production server until it has been published.
Inserting a Plain Text Asset to a Page
Once a Plain Text Asset has been created, it is available to be inserted on pages within the OU Campus system. Unlike most other asset types, a Plain Text Asset will render inside the WYSIWYG editor as a green box with the plain text content defined by the creator.
When added to a page, any text within the asset's content will be displayed where the asset has been inserted.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,