Type of Assets
LDP Form Specific
- Action Toolbar
Still Need Help?
Managing Assets Overview
Managing assets is similar to managing pages. The Assets list view can be navigated to from Content > Assets or from the File Navigation sidebar. On the File Navigation sidebar, click the Assets link to view a list of assets. Click the asset's linked name to edit the asset. The Assets list view displays the following features and functionality:
- Displays the number of assets available: The assets displayed are affected by user access settings and site access settings.
- Filter: Asset can be filtered by site, asset type, or asset tags. Pre-categorized filtering is available by clicking in the Filter field, which will list the top five sites with the most assets, the top ten most commonly used tags, and by asset type. The number shown next to the asset indicates how many assets are associated with the tag.
- New button: Allows users to create new assets within the account. Assets are available on an account-wide basis unless otherwise specified.
- Asset List View: This list can be sorted by asset type, name, status, asset dependency tag, date/time of the last modification, and the by site. Hover over a row to display more options and actions.
Assets List View
The Asset list view includes the following columns:
- Checkbox: Allows users to select individual or multiple assets for publishing or deletion.
- File Type: An icon relevant to the asset type.
- Name: The user-friendly name assigned during asset creation. Clicking the hyperlinked name allows users to edit the asset.
- Status: Denotes the current status of the assets; i.e., checked in, checked out, locked, awaiting approval, etc.
- Tag: The asset tag is a unique identifier for assets created within an account and can be used to search for an asset and is available for reporting purposes.
- Modified: The date and time the asset was last saved.
- Site: The OU Campus site in which the asset was created (hover to view asset options).
A variety of options are available for an asset from the Asset list view by hovering over a row and viewing the menu items. The available actions vary depending on the user's permission level as well as the status of the file (i.e., checked in or checked out, locked, etc.). The following menus are available:
Edit: Allows users to edit general content and information about the asset. The actions available are:
- Asset: Allows users to edit the content of the asset.
- Properties: Allows users to edit basic metadata, access settings, and view the log file for an asset. This option is only available if the asset is checked out.
- Access: The group whose members have access to editing and access to use the asset can be assigned.
Review: Allows users to preview the asset and as well as versions of it. The actions available are:
- Preview: Provides users a view of the finished asset as it would appear in the OU Campus system.
- Save Version: Saves the current state of the file to the versions archive. This option is only available when the file is checked out.
- Versions: Allows users to view and revert to previously saved versions of the asset from the versions archive. This option is only available if the asset is checked out.
- Log: Provides users a list view of the history of actions performed on the asset.
- Form Submissions: Allows users to view all form submissions. This option is only available for Form Assets.
Publish: Provides all available publishing options for the asset. The available actions are:
- Publish: Immediately publishes the asset to the production server.
- Schedule: Allows users to define a future date that the asset will auto-publish to the production server.
- Submit for Approval: Allows users to send the page to another user in the OU Campus system for review. This option is only available if the asset is checked out.
File: Allows users to perform additional actions on the asset. The available actions are:
- Rename: Allows users to rename the asset.
- Delete: Allows users to delete the asset.
Selecting Single or Multiple Assets
An asset can be selected either individually or in bulk (if is not already checked out to another user) from the Assets list view by selecting the checkbox next to the corresponding row items. When a single asset is selected, the header row displays the name of the asset along with the available actions that can be performed. When using multi-select, the header row displays the number of selected assets along with the available actions that can be performed. For both single and bulk selections the available actions are:
- Publish: Allows users to publish the selected asset or assets, which updates and publishes any subscribing pages. A dialog is displayed prompting the user to confirm, along with a text field for the user to enter an optional description for the selected version of the file.
- Delete: Allows users to delete assets. A dialog is displayed prompting the user to confirm the deletion.
When searching for an asset, either in Content > Assets or within the insertion of an asset, a user may filter the list view based on the following parameters:
- Asset Type
More than one term can be used to filter the assets shown. The number of assets with the search term is displayed in parenthesis. Simply select the desired tags from the presented options after starting to type the term.
New tags can be defined by beginning to type the tag and then selecting the asset name from the list. Tags can also be defined to limit the results in an Asset Chooser when used in a TCF, editable region, or MultiEdit region.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,