Type of Assets
LDP Form Specific
- Action Toolbar
Still Need Help?
Creating Assets Overview
A user can create assets from the Assets list view, which can be accessed by selecting Content > Assets from the global navigation bar. The basic steps for creating an asset are the same for all assets types. Depending upon the asset type being created the available fields and options vary. Click the New button to create a new asset.
Creating a New Asset
To create a new asset in the account:
- Navigate to the Assets list view by selecting Content > Assets from the global navigation bar.
- Click the New button.
- Select the asset type from the menu.
- Configure the necessary settings.
- Click Create.
- Publish the asset. An asset must be published to the production server or publish target to update content on pages. An asset may be inserted on a page without publishing, but the content will not update the page on the web server.
After creating an asset, the following panels are available:
- Asset Info: Configures basic metadata properties.
- Access Settings: Allows for the initial assignments of groups to the access settings for editing and using the asset. Approver/workflow access settings can be configured after creation.
- Asset Content: Allows users to create the content within the asset.
Asset Info Panel
The Asset Info panel allows users to configure basic metadata properties of an asset. The following are displayed in the Asset Info panel:
- Asset Name: Friendly name that will be displayed through the whole system.
- Description: The description can also be useful as it is shown when selecting an assets from the Asset Browser when hovering over an asset.
- Tags: Tags can be added during asset creation or editing. Tags can be utilized by users to filter a list of assets.
- Lock to Site: Select the checkbox to disallow use of the asset outside of the site. Forms assets are locked to site by default. In other words, assets are available to all sites within an account. If the asset should only be available to the site in which it was created, then select this checkbox.
Access Settings Panel
The Access Settings panel allows users to configure the access settings for editing and using the asset. The Access Settings panel contains the following items:
- Access Group: Assigns an access group to the asset. Everyone, the default, indicates that every user within the account can edit the asset from the Access screen.
- Available To: Assigns an access group specific to who can use the asset. Everyone, the default, indicates that every user within the account can insert the asset on to a page.
After the asset has been saved, the additional settings include Approver, Enforce Approver, and Bypass Approval.
Asset Content Panel
The Asset Content panel is available for Web Content Assets, Source Code Assets, and Text Assets, and allows users to create the actual content of the asset. The available functionality of this panel depends upon asset type. Image Galleries and Forms do not have this panel displayed.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,