Calendar Addons Topics
Still Need Help?
This tutorial will show you how to manage your calendar pages.
Components of Calendars
Calendars have 3 main components: categories, events, and subscriptions.
Each calendar must have at least one category. By default, your calendar will be setup with a category named "General". You may rename this category as you see fit. If your calendar only has one category, the front-end calendar on your website will not display the "Category View" section.
Your calendar may have an unlimited number of events. Each event must be associated with at least one category. An event only has one date associated with it (not a range of dates) but you may copy an event to multiple days with the copy feature.
Calendar subscriptions allow your calendar to subscribe to other calendars. This will make the events (and categories) from the calendar you are subscribing to show up in your calendar. You may subscribe to calendars that you do not have access to, but subscribing does not give you access to modify those events. Your calendar may have any number of subscriptions to other calendars.
Permissions to Access to Calendar Pages
A calendar must be requested through OU Addons by the Main Site Contact via the Sites->View your Sites screen. Permission for users to access calendars can be placed by the Main Site Contact in the same location. Access to calendar pages is controlled separately than access to OU Campus.
When requesting a calendar for the first time, please provide the following information:
- The address of your website
- The folder of where you want the calendar to be. This will need to be a folder that does not currently exist. For example, we add /calendar by default. If you are requesting a second calendar, we need to know what that folder needs to be instead of /calendar.
- The email addresses of the people who need to be able to manage the calendar and it's components
Step-by-Step Guide to Accessing Calendars
- You can login to the OU Add-Ons App in one of two ways. First, you can access the
OU Add-Ons App through the Add-Ons tab within OU Campus. You will be required to
login to the OU Add-Ons App with your NetID username and password even after logging
into OU Campus.
Alternatively, you can logon to the OU Add-Ons App by going to the following URL: http://www.wku.edu/apps/ouaddons and logging in with your NetID username and password.
- Click on the Calendar Icon from the home page or by clicking on Calendars under OU Campus in the top menu.
- You should now see a list of calendars you have access to manage. From here you can
click on the icons to Manage Categories, Manage Subscriptions, Manage Events, or edit
the Calendar name. Please see the components section at the top of this page for
an explanation of how to use each of these areas.