A student is permitted to transfer a maximum of six semester hours from another institution
toward a certificate program at WKU.
All courses available online.
- PE 100 (3 hrs)
- ENV 120 (3 hrs)
- HMD 211 (3 hrs)
- PH 100 (3 hrs)
- PH 261 (3 hrs)
- PH 402 (3 hrs)
Total: 18 credit hours
- PE 100 - Life Fitness/Wellness: A study of the basic knowledge, understandings, and values of physical activity. Laboratory experiences are required.
- ENV 120 - Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health: An introduction to the principles of occupational safety and health. A survey course covering the basic principles and techniques of accident investigation and prevention.
- HMD 211 - Human Nutrition: Study of nutrients essential to human life and well-being. Nutrients are studied relative to their function in metabolism, sources in food, and relationship to health.
- PH 100 - Personal Health: Examines behaviors and environmental conditions that enhance or hinder an individual's health status. In addition to exploring social and environmental factors, students are encouraged to think critically about behavioral choices that impact one's health. Students assess their individual behavior in the light of current scientific knowledge concerning mental health; drugs, alcohol, and tobacco; health care; selection of health products; prevention of disease; nutrition; exercise; and stress management.
- PH 261 - Foundations of Health Education: An introduction to the discipline of health education, including history, theoretical basis, comparison and contrast of work settings, ethics, professional organizations, and perspectives on the future.
- PH 402 - Worksite Health Promotion: This course will provide specific concepts and skills needed in worksite health promotion using comprehensive health promotion and education techniques. This course will also discuss policy issues, program planning, and special population interactions that are unique to the worksite setting.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,