Geographic Information Systems
Current WKU Students
- Download this program form and submit to advisor
Minimum requirements for acceptance into an undergraduate certificate program are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Application and Fee: Students seeking a certificate program must submit an online application with Undergraduate Admissions. The completed form must be submitted along with a one-time application fee of $45.00 (non-refundable).
- Transcript Record: Graduates/Transfers of accredited institutions other than WKU must submit an official transcript from that institution.
Admission Process for New Students
Starting your certificate program can be completed by following the steps below. Please note: These steps should be completed ONLY by those who wish to earn the certificate as a stand-alone credential. If you plan to earn an associate degree or bachelor's, please follow the application process for that degree and submit the certificate program form to your advisor.
- Apply for admission
- Submit Required Materials:
- Beginning Freshmen: An official high school transcript (no faxed transcripts accepted) and ACT or SAT scores. Students over the age of 21 may substitute the ACCUPLACER for ACT/SAT.
- Transfer Students: Send your official transcripts from each college attended to Undergraduate Admissions. You may request electronic transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse. This speeds up the admissions process considerably. If your school is not listed with the Clearinghouse, please contact them directly to see if they have another process in place for electronic submissions or request that an official copy be sent by mail. Transfer students with fewer than 24 semester hours of college credit earned, must also submit high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.
To apply to WKU and earn this certificate:
Complete the WKU Domestic and International Undergraduate Application
Under Planned Course of Study Section, if you are not enrolling in any other program, choose:
- Category of Study >>> Certificate
- Planned Course of Study >>> Geographic Information Systems (Certificate)
- Primary Location >>> Web (online)
Admission Application Deadlines
Kentucky and Out-of-State Residents
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: January 1
- Summer Term: May 1
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: September 1
- Summer Term: March 1
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,