Support for Student Success in Mathematics
The Mathematics Department provides face-to-face and online tutoring for math classes offered through the math department at WKU. The sessions are free. Online tutoring sessions do require an appointment (details are below).
How to Schedule an Appointment
Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Please include the following information in your email:
- WKU Student ID
- Class for which you are requesting tutoring
- Goal for tutoring session, which should include any additional information pertaining to what you would like to learn during the session
- Preferred day/time (see below)
Your appointment will be scheduled during the established hours of operation for the Online Math Lab, which are 2:30 - 6:30, Monday-Friday. Should you need a particular day/time, please note that in your email.
Please note: Face-to-face tutoring is also available through the Math Lab located on the Bowling Green campus in CoHH 2124, and does not require an appointment.
Preparing for Your Appointment
Tutoring sessions are held online using Adobe Connect Pro (ACP). ACP offers one-on-one interaction with the ability to see your tutor work through the math problem online. You can also ask questions as you go!
15 minutes prior to your session:
- Test your computer's connection prior to attending a meeting by going to http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. This test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met.
- To access the meeting room for the webinar, click on the following link: https://connect.wku.edu/math-lab
- Once you are in the meeting room, click the Meeting tab and Audio Setup Wizard. This will test the speaker volume.
- It is recommended that you join the meeting room about 15 minutes before the start of the event.
- You can use your NetID and password to log into the meeting.
Following Your Appointment
The day after your online tutoring session, your tutor will email you a link to the recorded session. This will allow you to review the material, as needed.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,