Orientation for Online Learners
We have created a list of writing tools for your convenience. This is designed to provide you with a list of resources to help you with your research and writing projects.
- The Online Writing Center provides feedback from trained tutors to help students refine their writing. When students submit their paper for review, along with assignment information, they will receive feedback by email. Each email will contain your marked-up paper, with a link to a video for additional explanation. Students also have the option of scheduling a phone or video chat session, making it convenient for you to receive the assistance you need at a distance! To upload your paper, visit: http://acadmedia.wku.edu/writingcenter/online_writing_center.php, or for additional information email the Writing Center at email@example.com or call 270-745-5173 or 745-5719 for more information.
- WKU Libraries provides helpful resources in the areas of citation, research, and more! Visit them at http://www.wku.edu/library/dlps/infolit/ to find out more.
- The APA Style Guide provides information online regarding the basic elements of APA Style, Learning APA Style, and APA Style Help.
- Citation Resources:This website gives a helpful color-coded overview to citing sources according to MLA, APA, AMA, Chicago, and Turabian styles:
- For some great explanations of rules, advice on avoiding common problems, and proofreading tips visit:
- For some great interactive grammar review exercises, visit the following sites:
- Citation Help: Son of Citation Machine helps students and professional researchers properly credit the information they use. The primary goal of this tool is to make it easy for student researchers to cite their information sources.
- Instapaper: If you want to save a web page to read later, this is a great alternative to just bookmarking it. After signing up, you simply click on the "read later" button, and you can read the article/site/post later from your computer, paper, iPhone, iPad, or Kindle. Chrome users can add it to your browser! This new addition will add offline article syncing, save where you left off in an article.
- CiteuLike: A free service great for managing and discovering scholarly references. It offers automated article recommendations, stores references you find online, and stores PDFs.
- iCyte: An amazing research tool. You can mark, make notes and organize your thoughts on a topic on a webpage, or a few keywords in an article online. This tool stores the information for you so when you visit the site again, it pulls up the information you keyed in.
- Diigo: A powerful research tool and a knowledge sharing community. You can annotate, archive, and organize. With this tool you can highlight and add sticky notes to web pages.
Proceed to "Contact WKU Libraries"
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,