Open Orientation for Non-Degree Seeking Students
Thank you for visiting the Open Orientation for Non-Degree Seeking Students! This orientation was created for online learners who are NOT seeking a degree, but need to be connected with resources, learn how to register for classes, and set up student accounts.
Undergraduate degree seeking students should visit TOP for Online Learners.
Graduate degree seeking students should contact the Graduate School for information on the next graduate orientation.
This orientation is designed to address your initial questions and direct you where you need to go. It will allow you to do the following:
- Gain a better understanding of WKU and various class options, including distance learning
- Understand the process of enrolling in classes
- Access your university accounts, including Toppermail, TopNet, myWKU and Blackboard (software used to deliver online courses at WKU)
- Learn new strategies for success in an online environment
- Get acquainted with support available for distance learners at WKU
This orientation contains 5 main sections. You can expect to learn everything from how to register for your courses and set-up your accounts to how to use Blackboard. All sections and topics are shown on the left menu. You can proceed to the next page by clicking "next" at the end of each page or navigate through the different sections from the left menu.
Good luck on your journey!
Curious about Blackboard? Be our guest!
Experience the look and feel of Blackboard first hand, post to the discussion board and evaluation your readiness for online learning by logging into blackboard.wku.edu with the information below.
Login with username: guest.wstudent Password: wku-since1906
Once you have successfully logged in, click on "An Orientation for Distance Learners" in the right hand column.