Facebook Pixel Academic Progress | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

Academic Progress

Whether you're new to college or returning to finish your degree, the transition can be challenging. It's important to understand WKU policies as they relate to academic progress, GPA requirements, academic probation and financial aid eligibility.  To be eligible for continuous enrollment without being placed on academic probation, you must meet set scholastic standards in both the overall grade point average and the total institution grade point average (courses taken at WKU).  The standards are outlined here.

Additionally, if you are receiving Federal Financial Aid, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress for GPA and hours earned.

Always remember, you are not alone - there are support services available for face-to-face and online students, including academic success coaching to answer questions, help you connect with resources, and support you along the way; online tutoring, research and writing assistance, time management tools, financial planning services and more through the Student Resource Portal.  

Know Where To Go

  • Class related questions should be directed to your professor.
  • If you need to locate a lab or a tutor, contact Academic Advising at 270-745-5065.
  • Technology issues, including issues with Blackboard, email, TopNet and myWKU, should be directed to the IT Helpdesk by visiting them online or by calling 270-745-7000.
  • Academic support can be found through the Student Resource Portal.
  • TopNet is your one-stop for registration, final grades, transcripts, financial aid award information, tuition billing and payments, and viewing of any holds that may exist on your account. Take a tour by clicking here
  • Your WKU email is of critical importance, as it is the primary location for your professors, the financial aid office and your advisor to reach you. If you have another primary email and would like to route your WKU email, the process is simple! Just follow the instructions in this video




Information about accreditation can be found through the Office of the Provost.

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 3/15/18