Graduate Student Orientation
Thank you for visiting the Graduate Student Orientation for Online Learners! It is designed for distance learners who are seeking a master's degree and/or graduate certificate. It addresses the most common questions and will direct you where you need to go.This orientation will help you do the following:
- Gain a better understanding of WKU and distance learning as a whole
- Understand the process of enrolling in a distance course
- Access your university accounts, including Toppermail, TopNet, myWKU and Blackboard (software used to deliver online courses at WKU)
- Connect with strategies for success
- Get acquainted with support available for distance learners at WKU
- Learn more about options to finance your graduate degree
This orientation contains 5 main sections. You can expect to learn everything from how to register for your courses and set-up your accounts to how to use Blackboard, contact your advisor, qualify for and keep your financial aid, and other WKU processes and policies. All sections and topics are shown on the left menu. You can proceed to the next page by clicking "next" at the end of each page or navigate through the different sections from the left menu.
Good luck on your journey!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,