RN to BSN
PhD, MSN, RN, CNE
Coordinator, RN to BSN Program
WKU Department of Nursing
1906 College Heights Blvd. # 11036
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Student Support Specialist
Tuition and Funding
WKU offers this program at the Distance Learning Undergraduate Rate. Current rates are listed at HERE.
- The Distance Learning rate is not subject to Kentucky residency. It remains consistent for all US domestic students.
Potential Funding Options
- Most students seek some form of Financial Aid, primarily student loans, to cover the
cost of their advanced degree program.
- To start the process, first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Even if you doubt your eligibility, apply. Approximately 90% of those who apply qualify for some form of aid. To qualify for federal student aid you must meet certain requirements.
- General eligibility requirements can be reviewed on the Federal Student Aid website. You must be classified as a degree-seeking student to qualify.
- For additional information, please visit the WKU Student Financial Assistance website and view our Financing Your Education and Choosing the Right School Guide
- Most students seek some form of Financial Aid, primarily student loans, to cover the cost of their advanced degree program.
College Heights Foundation Nursing Scholarships
- Several small scholarships and a few larger ones are available for nursing students
through the College Heights Foundation.
- Students who wish to be considered for these WKU nursing scholarships must apply using
the new TOPDollar Website.
- Use of the TOPDollar website allows students to fill out one application form apply
for all WKU scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Information such as your major and your WKU GPA will be automatically added to the
- Deadlines apply for many of the scholarships, so in general you should apply as early
- Students will be reminded via email to update their information each year, so if something changes which makes you eligible for more scholarships, you should be sure to update regularly.
- Several small scholarships and a few larger ones are available for nursing students through the College Heights Foundation.
Hospital Based Scholarships
There are also some scholarships for nursing students available from local hospitals.
The hospital is responsible for selecting the students for these awards, and the process varies from hospital to hospital. Most of these require a work commitment from the student after graduation, so if you know you want to work for a specific hospital, please check with that facility to see if any scholarships are available.
100% tuition and fee scholarships available for those students interested in serving as an Officer in the United States Army Nursing Corps. Upon completion of your BSN and ROTC, full time (Active Duty) or part-time (1 weekend per month) options are available.
Contact Mr. Brandon Smith for more information, and to see if you qualify, at 270-745-6054 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,