The MAE in Education & Behavioral Sciences requires a total of 30 credit hours. This program may completed 100% online. Students should work with their advisor to select distance options, contact WKU Online or visit www.wku.edu/online to view a schedule of online classes.
Required Core (18 hours/6 classes)
- EDFN 500: Research Methods
- Professional Foundations
- Strategies/Methodologies of Education or Behavioral Sciences
- Developmental Issues
- *Professional Development: Practicum/Seminar Course: Field-based, practical application, selected with prior approval by advisor.
- *Capstone Course: EDU 595: Directed Study in Education or Behavioral Sciences
*Note: A thesis (6 hours) may be substituted for the Professional Development and Capstone Course requirements.
Program Options (12 hours/4 classes)
In addition to the core requirements, students must select one of the following options:
Option 1: Education Studies (12 hours)
- Advisor-approved pedagogy-related strategies or methods course
- Content courses
- Courses from non-education fields; must be approved by advisor.
Option 2: Behavioral Science Studies (12 hours)
Courses selected with advisor approval from Counseling, Psychology, Consumer Family Sciences, Sociology, Social Work, or other behavioral science areas.
Program Total: 30 hours
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,