Want to be contacted in the future
about a MAE in Education degree program?
Fill out this short interest form!
The MAE program in Education and Behavioral Science Studies is an interdisciplinary program designed for qualified graduate students who wish to do advanced study of education or behavioral sciences in a more flexible way. The program allows a faculty advisor to individually tailor the curriculum based on individual interests and career goals.
It is important to note that completion of this program does not lead to initial or advanced certification by Kentucky's Education Professional Standards Board, nor does it lead to certification or licensure in counseling or psychology.
- Students will be knowledgeable about philosophy, strategies, and ethical issues in education or behavioral science;
- Students will be knowledgeable about developmental issues of a specific population;
- Students will be able to apply their knowledge of development to curriculum design, educational planning, or intervention strategies;
- Students will develop content knowledge in identified subject areas;
- Students will be knowledgeable about professional ethics in education or behavioral science fields; and
- Students will be able to research "best practices" in teaching/working with specific populations.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,