Applicants to the Online Master of Arts in Education in Adult Education first need to be admitted to the Graduate College:
Complete the online WKU graduate application at www.wku.edu/graduate. (NOTE: Select "Apply First Time Graduate & Transfer" if you have not taken graduate courses at WKU before. Select "Apply for Graduate Readmission" only if you have previously taken WKU graduate courses.)
Once you have submitted the online application, mail supporting materials, as outlined below, to:
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11010
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1010
Questions? Contact the Graduate School by email at email@example.com or by phone at (270) 745-2446.
Approximately 10-14 days after all required admission documents have been submitted, you should receive a letter from the WKU Admissions Office indicating your admission status
- Applicants with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university
and a GPA of 2.75 or higher must submit a portfolio that will be reviewed by the Adult
Education Admission’s committee and used to determine recommendations for admission.
Requirements for putting together the portfolio are as follows:
- Four letters of reference from previous instructors, colleagues, or supervisors indicating student's ability to succeed in graduate level courses.
- Two-page philosophy of education addressing the applicant's philosophy toward adult learning, the role of the student, the role of the facilitator, and how best to accomplish this.
- A letter of application that explains why they should be exempt from taking the GRE.
- A five-page paper that demonstrates the applicant's ability to write in a clear and analytical manner. Previous class papers are acceptable.
- Applicants with an undergraduate grade point average below a 2.75 submit qualifying GAP/GRE-AW* scores and a portfolio that will be reviewed by the Adult Education Admission committee and used to determine recommendations for admission. Requirements for putting together the portfolio can be found on the WKU MAE in Adult Education website. Applicants who choose not to take the GRE or whose GAP/GRE-AW scores do not meet stated program minimums may apply for consideration under the College of Education and Behavior Science’s alternate admissions policy. Please contact the program coordinator for details.
*The qualifying GAP (undergraduate GPA multiplied by GRE V+Q) is 2200 or equivalent, and the qualifying GRE-AW score is 3.5.
Please note: To be eligible for any type of financial aid or graduate assistantship, you must be admitted in good standing to a degree program. Non-degree seeking students are ineligible.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,