Please Note: Course schedules are listed in parenthesis.
Required Core Courses (18 hours)
- SRSC 510: Perspectives on Social Justice (Fall)
- SRSC 520: Community-Based Research (Fall)
- SRSC 530: Social Policy & Social Justice (Spring)
- SRSC 540: Community-Building for Sustainability (Spring)
- SRSC 590: Sustainability Symposium (Second Spring Culminating residency requirement)
- SUST 512: Foundations of Sustainability (Summer) or SUST 514: Environmental Justice & Public Spaces (Fall)
Elective Courses (9 or 15 hours)
In addition to courses outlined above, students must complete 6 hours of electives for the non-thesis option or 15 hours of electives for the thesis option.
- A list of online elective courses can be reviewed Here.
Thesis Courses (6 or 0 hours)
If pursuing the thesis option students must complete 6 thesis hours.
- SRSC 599: Theses Research/Writing
Please note the following as you plan your program of study:
- Students are required to be in attendance during the campus-based ICSR 590 Sustainability Symposium.
- Students can recieve credit for no more than 12 hours of courses in any one discipline.
- Students may transfer up to 12 hours from another graduate program or institution to fulfill program requirements (if courses meet transfer requirements and advisor approval).
- Students can also choose to enroll in a graduate certificate program and use up to 12 hours of courses to fulfill their elective requirements with advisor approval.
- Compatible graduate certificates are:
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,