During the first course in the program, TCHL 500, students will complete an assessment process that will be used in determining which TCHL core courses they must take. While enrolled in TCHL 500, master's candidates will use several documents, including their KTIP assessments or in-kind examples, dispositions self-surveys, referrals from school personnel, and their respective School Improvement Plan, to develop with their respective program advisors individualized programs of study of 31-34 hours related to Kentucky Teacher Standards and professional goals. Each student's program of study will include some or all of the TCHL courses, at least one content course specific to their initial teaching certification areas, plus additional education-related or content courses.The MA in Mathematics requires a minimum of 30 hours of graduate-level courses including the following:
Required Core Courses (12 hours)
- MATH 501: Introduction to Probability and Statistics I
- MATH 503: Introduction to Analysis
- MATH 511: Algebra from an Advanced Perspective
- MATH 512: Geometry from an Advanced Perspective
Selected Mathematics Elective Courses (6 Hours)
In addition to courses outlines above, students must complete 2 elective courses. Online courses may be selected from the list below.
- MATH 409G: History of Mathematics
- MATH 504: Application of Technology to Problems in Mathematics
- MATH 510: Intermediate Statistics
- MATH 514: Mathematical Modeling and Applications
Secondary Education Core (10-16 Hours)
- TCHL 500: Foundations of Teacher Leadership
- TCHL 530: Curriculum Development
- TCHL 545: Classroom Instruction Strategies
- TCHL 555: School and Classroom Assessment
- TCHL 559: Action Research Design for Teacher Leaders
- TCHL 560: Action Research Capstone for Teacher Leaders
Education Electives (0-3 Hours)
Students who successfully complete the proficiency examinations for TCHL 545 or TCHL 555 may graduate with 31 hours. However, students who successfully complete the proficiency examinations for TCHL 545 and TCHL 555 must substitute at least one education course with advisor approval to have a minimum of 31 hours to graduate.
Please note the following as you plan your program of study:
- Additional course options are available on campus. Please click HERE to see the full schedule of classes.
- A maximum of 9 hours at the 400G level courses may be included in the entire program.
- All students must either complete either TCHL 545 and TCHL 555 or pass proficiency evaluations for these courses. TCHL 500, TCHL 530, and TCHL 560 are required for all students, and there are no proficiency evaluations that may be substituted for these courses.
- Students may transfer up to 12 hours from another graduate program or institution to fulfill program requirements (if courses meet transfer requirements and advisor approval).
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,