Admission to the Post MSN Certificate is competitive and limited to available space, clinical sites, and clinical preceptors. Following initial review, if applicant meets minimum admission standards, consideration is given to the applicant’s professional work experience, statement of professional and personal goals, and professional references. An interview may be requested following a review of admission materials but does not assure acceptance into the program.
Minimum admission standards:
- Earned MSN, DNP or higher degree in nursing from nationally accredited nursing program
- Hold unencumbered or have applied for RN licensure in Kentucky or state of residence
- Submission of official transcripts that document a cumulative MSN GPA of at least 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- One year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse in a setting supporting primary care practice such as acute care, long term care, home health, etc.
Additional Required Application Materials:
- A written goal statement (500-700 words in length, 12 pt. font, in Microsoft Word or RTF) describing your personal and professional career goals; your academic strengths and weaknesses; planned location of clinical practicum experiences and potential clinical preceptors; and role change anticipated following completion of certification
- Three professional references (on form provided) to include current nurse manager or nurse administrator and nurse faculty if a recent (<3 yrs.) MSN graduate.
- Professional resume
All program admission materials must be received prior to the due date noted on the program web page. An interview may be offered following a review of admission materials. Completion of an interview and acceptance by the Graduate School does not assure acceptance into the certificate program. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission. Applicants must reapply to be considered for the next admission cycle by updating the Graduate School application, and submitting all required program materials.
Please refer to the admission section of this catalog for Graduate School admission requirements.
For more information about the cost of the program, average time to complete the program,
and other important information,
please visit this website.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,