Th Gender & Women's Studies Graduate Certificate requires 6 hours of core courses + 9 hours of electives, for a minimum of 15 hours. Those wishing to teach at the college level are encouraged to complete at least 18 hours.
CORE COURSES (6 HOURS)
- GWS 545 Feminist Knowledge and Social Change
- GWS 555 Global & Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Women
* ELECTIVES (9 HOURS)
- ENG 497G: Women's Literature
- ENG 579: Studies in Victorian Literature
- HIST 546: American Legal History Since 1865
- HIST 553: American Women's History
- SRSC 515: Utopias, Dystopias, & Intentional Communities
- SRSC 525: Place & the Problem of Healing
- PH 564: Public Heath Issues in Women's Health
- PSYS 430G: Psychology of Women
- SOCL 535: Family Violence
- SOCL 546: Gender, Crime, and Justice
*Only 6 hours may be taken in the student's primary discipline.
*Faculty and students may make recommendations to include other courses at any time. All new courses are reviewed by the curriculum committee. Students should check with the Women's Studies Office for updated list electives.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,