Th Gender & Women's Studies Graduate Certificate requires 6 hours of core courses + 9 hours of electives, for a minimum of 15 hours. Those wishing to teach at the college level are encouraged to complete at least 18 hours.
CORE COURSES (6 HOURS)
- GWS 545: Feminist Knowledge and Social Change
- GWS 555: Global & Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Women
* ELECTIVES (9 HOURS)
- CRIM 546: Gender, Crime, and Justice
- ENG 497G: Women’s Literature
- ENG 579: Studies in Victorian Literature
- FLK 585: Foodways
- GWS 535: Roots of Feminism
- GWS 565: Black Feminism and the Politics of Community
- GWS 570: American Masculinities
- GWS 575: Justice Gender and Sustainability
- GWS 625: Women in Leadership
- GWS 630: Feminist Pedagogies
- HIST 446G: American Legal History
- HIST 553: Women & Gender in US History
- HIST 555: American Radicals
- SRSC 515: Utopias, Dystopias, & Intentional Communities
- SRSC 525: Place & the Problem of Healing
- PH 564: Women’s Health
- PH 565: Public Health Issues in Women's Health
- PSY 430G: Psychology of Women
- SOCL 535: Family Violence
*Only 6 hours may be taken in the student's primary discipline.
*Faculty and students may make recommendations to include other courses at any time. All new courses are reviewed by the curriculum committee. Students should check with the Women's Studies Office for updated list electives.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,