The 15-credit hour certificate program includes the following five required courses:
- CNS 500 College and Career Readiness Foundations (3 credit hours)
Overview of college and career readiness; roles and duties of college and career readiness helpers within the school system; and legal, ethical, standards-related issues and implications.
- CNS 501 College and Career Consultation & Collaboration (3 credit hours)
Consultation models, professional collaborations, and application of concepts and skills with an emphasis on college and career readiness within school macro and micro systems
- CNS 502 College and Career Program Development & Evaluation (3 credit hours)
Program development and evaluation, with emphasis on P-16 college and career development and readiness
- CNS 556 Developmental Career Counseling (3 credit hours)
Integrates the career counseling process into the life span from early childhood through older adulthood. Career development theories; career assessment instruments; educational resources; placement; follow up and evaluation. Interrelationships among work, marital, family, and other life roles including multicultural and gender issues.
- CNS 503 Practicum in College and Career Readiness (3 credit hours)
Supervised experiences in college and career readiness setting/s.
For information on course descriptions and planned program offerings, please visit this website.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,