Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability
The Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability provides an educational framework of sustainable business opportunity to equip current and future business leaders. You can choose sustainable business as an emphasis area along with your M.B.A. or take it as a stand-alone program. The program is available in a convenient online format featuring bi-term courses of approximately 7 weeks.
Skill sets you will gain include the following:
- Fluency in current major legal, governmental, and business standards related to sustainability
- Ability to identify opportunities for sustainable actions and policies throughout the value chain
- Proficiency with quantitative operations models and techniques to analyze and evaluate the viability of sustainable opportunities throughout the product life-cycle
- Social Entrepreneurship acumen
- Understanding of the major voluntary codes and best practices about sustainability which impact business. As well as how the activities and reports relating to sustainability fit into the broader policy arena of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Providing oversight for sustainability initiatives in your organization
- Evaluating and creating effective sustainability marketing strategies
Whatever your business niche, sustainability will occupy a heightened role in organizations in the foreseeable future. The WKU Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability can prepare you in this growing area. In the coming years, business and industry will expect candidates for positions in engineering, business, marketing, and management to have an understanding of sustainability, regulations, compliance, and corporate social responsibility.
“Today’s most innovative leaders are recognizing that for the sake of our companies
and our world, we must implement revolutionary—not just incremental—changes in the
way we live and work.”
- Peter Senge
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,