Credit Hour Requirements
A bachelor’s degree at WKU requires a minimum of 120 credit hours, including the following:
- 62-68 credit hours in the health science major, which includes:
- 38-41 core credit hours
- 24-27 credit hours in a specific Health Sciences concentration that is selected based on your personal and professional goals.
- 39 credit hours in Colonnade courses (general education)
- Approved elective hours to fulfill remaining requirements, which can be earned as a minor, an undergraduate certificate or general electives
Official bachelor’s degree requirements are listed at wku.edu/registrar/degree_certification.php
- HMD 211
- PSY/S 100 or PSY/S 220
- BIOL 113 or BIOL 120/121 or BIOL 131
- CHEM 105/106 or CHEM 109 or PHYS ***
- AH 290
- PE 310 or PE 311 or PE 313
- MATH 183 or PH 383 or SOCL 300 or BIOL 382 or STAT 301 or PSY/S 313
- PH 384
- PH 381
- PH 447 or PHIL 322 or PHIL 323 or MGT 305 or SWRK 433
- HCA 340
- HCA 446/447 or CIS 243 or CIS 321
- HCA 441 or HIM 225 or MGT 200 or MGT 301
Any substitutions for these classes must be approved through the Health Sciences Program
Students must maintain a "C" or better in each course in the major.
In accordance with university policy, an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better must be attained upon completion of required curriculum.
Recommended Sequence of Courses
Certain courses are offered on a rotating basis, so please plan your program of study carefully. Contact Stephanie Metke at email@example.com for additional information on course offerings.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,