Child Studies Major Requirements
- FACS 111: Human Nutrition
- FACS 180: Foundations in Consumer & Family Sciences
- FACS 191: Child Development
- FACS 192: Working with Young Children & Families
- FACS 292: Diversity in Early Childhood Programs
- FACS 294: Assessment of Young Children
- FACS 299: Administration of Young Children
- FACS 310: Management of Family Resources
- FACS 311: Family Relations
- FACS 380: Professional Presentation Techniques in Consumer & Family Sciences
- FACS 399: Implications of Research in Family & Child Studies
- FACS 492: Growth and Guidance of Children
- FACS 493: Family Life Education
- FACS 494: Parenting Strategies
- FACS 499: Critical Issues in Family & Child Studies
- FACS 410: Internship
- SOCL 300: Using Statistics in Sociology
A Grade of "C" or better is required in all courses in the major.
Please Note: In addition to the courses listed above, the Family Studies Major requires a minor and 44 hours as part of the Colonnade (formerly General Education) program. Minors, as well as select Colonnade courses, are available online.Please work with your advisor or support staff in WKU Online to identify online options.
There are also several minors available online. Please talk with an advisor to develop a program that best meets your needs.
Recommended Sequence of Courses
Certain courses may offered on a rotating basis, so please plan your program of study carefully. Contact Adam West at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on course offerings.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,