Omni CMS News
New Summer Migration Sessions
- The WKU Web Team
- Wednesday, May 30th, 2018
In-person template training sessions will continue through the summer months. Session dates and times for June, July, and part of August are listed inside OUAddons and are open for online registration now.
Every WKU.edu website is required to move into the new templates. If you have not registered to move your site, please make a plan to do so. Sites that do not voluntarily register for a training will be assigned training dates after September 10, 2018. All sites must be transitioned no later than November 16, 2018.
To view the available dates and access the registration form, log into OU Addons and click the "Site Transition" link on the main page. Only those persons listed as "Main Site Contact"1 can sign up; anyone can see which of their sites are signed up for migration by clicking on the "View my signed up dates" link, above the Dates list.
About the Training
- You should try to make any major content changes or updates to your site BEFORE you migrate.
- You should plan to be present for the duration of your training session (about two hours).
- IT will migrate your site(s) the morning of your training session before your scheduled time, so when you arrive, we will spend time showing you how to use the new templates and features.
- You may bring as many people as you like to the training session. When IT transitions your site, all users who have access to it will be moved into the new WYSIWYG editor.
- Your existing "old" website will never be "down," rather, your new website will not be visible until you have completed the necessary updating and transition, and IT has published your site for you (more info provided at training).
Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1WKU IT requires that the Main Site Contact listed on your account approve your participation in the transition, so if you are NOT the listed MSC, please have that person log in to request the time/date of training. If you do not know who your MSC is, visit https://www.wku.edu/apps/ouaddons/ and click on the "sites", then "View your sites" links. The MSC will be listed there. If you need to change who your MSC is, please contact the IT Helpdesk at (270) 745-7000.