Omni CMS News
New Snippets Available for Migrated Templates
- Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
NOTICE: This article pertains to sites using the new templates only. If you have not migrated your site and wish to, have your main site contact sign up using OU Addons.
Snippets have become a main building block when making pages in your migrated site. Since migration template workshops began the WebDev group have added some new snippets to use. You can browse all snippets on the Funny Monkeys website.
- Offset Columns: This snippet is similar to the Two Column Snippet, however there are some extra options that allow you to control which column is the widest as well as the size of the wider column. You can also add multiple rows and alternate the widest column. Due to the complexity of varying widths in additional columns as well as placement inside of template column content areas, offset columns are limited to 2 only.
- Countdown: The Countdown snippet creates a graphic timer that counts down to a defined date. This snippet allows you to set font size, font style, and has multiple style as well as display options you can combine. Use this snippet to draw attention to an upcoming event or deadline.
- Heading Rule with Text: The Heading Rule with Text snippet creates a heading rule or horizontal line with text on top. This snippet allows you to set custom text, select alignment of your text, enable italics, and change the size of the text. Use this snippet to create a break in content on your page.
- YouTube Embed: Embedded content is inherently not very responsive, and in turn may not display as expected on mobile devices, or devices with smaller screen sizes. One of the most popular embeds is a YouTube video on a page. To overcome the responsive problem this snippet allows you to create a responsive youtube embed from only the YouTube ID and a Title. You can also set a custom cover image if one is not provided from YouTube.
- YouTube Modal: Create a more cinematic setting for your video. This snippet creates a minimal modal dialog window that is called by pressing an accompanying button. This modal window features no header or footer around the video, and is brought on top of the entire page and navigation with a dark background effect.
- Timeline: The timeline snippet creates a graphic offset two-column layout that connects a title and description to a label. All items are connected with a bold vertical line stopping at a circle with the label and title. Select from a red or gray style timeline and give your snippet a different look with alternating background rows or border options. Add as many rows to the snippet table as you like to create more timeline items.