School of Nursing Information for:
Back to CHHS Home
Call for Nominations of Kappa Theta Chapter Awards
The purpose of the awards is to recognize outstanding nurses and members whose contributions fulfill the goals of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI). For all awards, except the “Friend of Nursing” award, the nominee must be an active member of STTI.
The awards to be given include:
- Awards for Excellence in Research
- Conducts and communicates research in nursing.
- Writes scholarly works related to nursing theory and/or nursing research.
- Gives evidence of a sustained record of nursing research activities.
- Awards for Excellence in Education
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrates use of creative and evidence-based teaching strategies.
- Influences the professional practice of nursing and the public’s image or nursing through excellence in teaching.
- Awards for Excellence in Nursing Practice
- Demonstrates breadth of knowledge in area of clinical nursing practice.
- Advances the scope and practice of nursing.
- Serves as mentor/preceptor that inspires peer’s practice of nursing.
- Awards for Leadership
- Receives local, national and/or international recognition as a nursing leader in education, practice, administration and/or research
- Creates an environment that enhances the image on nursing/nurses.
- Participants in the development of nursing leaders and leadership.
- Awards for Outstanding Student Performance Areas
- Demonstrates excellence in clinical, academic, creative, research, and/or leadership.
- Awards for Mentorship
- Actively shapes and promotes the career of a nurse or the development of a chapter.
- Freely shares our own resources for the growth and development of the individual or the chapter.
- The “Donna Blackburn” service award
- Demonstrates an ongoing, record of service to their community and the nursing profession.
- Friend of Nursing Award
- The Friend of Nursing Award recognizes an individual who is not a nurse or organization, but has impacted the chapter, the local nursing or health care community, and/or the health of people in a significant way.
- Demonstrate superior achievement and leadership in their field of work.
- Contribute to the long-term significance of the chapter, the nursing profession, and/or to the health of people with
Please submit your nominations for each award to Dr. Cathy Abell (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 16, 2017. Nominations must include a letter (no longer than one page) addressing criteria for specific awards. This will then be reviewed by the awards committee.
Kappa Theta Chapter
of Sigma Theta Tau International
Area Health Education Center of South Central Kentucky
On Friday, April 21, 2017 Kappa Theta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International will host the
20th Annual Research Day at the Medical Center/WKU Health Sciences Complex from 12:30-4:00 pm (CST)
Early Registration by April 7, 2017 is $20.00
Registration after April 7 is $30.00
3.0 Contact Hours
Click on the image below for complete program information and instructions on how to register.
Click on the image above to read all about the STTI 43rd Biennial Convention Highlights!
19th Annual Research Day on Tuesday, April 12, 2016
The complete program brochure and registration form can be accessed by clicking the brochure image below.
Kappa Theta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International invites all to attend the 2015 Induction Ceremony. Please see the invitation below for additional information.
The Showcase of Regional Excellence is designed to recognize the good work of chapters in relation to the biennial Presidential Call to Action. Recognition is given at the regional level and spans the course of the biennium.
Congratulations Kappa Theta Chapter on receiving recognition through the Showcase of Regional Excellence for your efforts. Through the good work of your chapter, President Hester C. Klopper’s call to action is being turned into reality.Chapter Awards
Kappa Theta Officers and Committee Members
President – Veletta Ogaz
Vice-President – Laura Deaton
Secretary – Neena Jones
Treasurer – Dawn Garrett-Wright
Counselor – Lori Fox
Awards Committee Chair – Cathy Abell
Convention and Electronic Delegate
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,