- Future Student Information
- NEW Guaranteed Nursing Admission FORM - for High School Students with ACT Composite score of 23 or above
- Pre-Nursing Student Forms
- Nursing Scholarships
- NEW APA Writing for Nursing Students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Second BS/BA Degree Entry Option
- Registered Nurse to BSN
- LPN to RN
- Graduate Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Policies, Forms and Handbooks
APA Writing Style for WKU Nursing Students
WKU School of Nursing uses APA style for all papers within the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Students should use the following information and resources to help them correctly format an APA style paper. Faculty may elect to not grade a paper that is not correctly formatted and students may have to revise and re-submit papers which do not follow APA style. Faculty may also elect to remove significant points from revised papers as it is expected that students will follow APA style. We HIGHLY recommend that you have all papers reviewed by the WKU writing center for APA writing style issues and basic grammar prior to submission.
All APA style papers must have the following items (others may be required, see your class syllabus for details)
1. APA style title page including Page Number, Running head, Short Title, Title of the Paper, Student Name
2. Body of the paper - I inch margins all sides, Title of Paper centered at the top of the page, Double Spaced throughout the entire paper, Short Title on each page in the correct location, Pages Numbers in the Right upper corner, Appropriate style and size font
3. No plagiarism, all exact (direct) quotes clearly identified by "quotation marks" and cited corrected within the body of the paper and on the reference page. All paraphrased work correctly paraphrased (you can't just change a few words, you must take the main idea and put it in your own words) and it must be referenced in the body of the paper and on the reference page.
4. Reference Page - Double spaced throughout, Short title, Page Number, The title References at the top of the page, References in alphabetical order and correctly formatted, Correct use of hanging indents.
NEW ! Please see Example APA Paper with Formatting Notes to help you format your papers.
Here are some websites that may also be helpful with specific questions about APA style: