WKU Regents approve 5-year diversity, equity, inclusion plan
|Author: WKU News|
Date: Friday, October 27th, 2017
Faculty Regent Barbara Burch, whose term is ending, was honored by the WKU Board of Regents on Oct. 27. (WKU photo by Clinton Lewis)
The WKU Board of Regents on Friday (Oct. 27) approved a university-wide diversity, equity and inclusion plan for academic years 2017-2022.
The plan reflects WKU’s commitment to align its goals with those set by the Postsecondary Education Improvement Act and the Kentucky Public Postsecondary Education Policy for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
“Strategies outlined in this plan demonstrate our campus community’s willingness to create an environment where all of its members can flourish,” WKU President Timothy C. Caboni said.
Lynne Holland, WKU’s Dean of Students, said the plan focuses on opportunity through the recruitment and enrollment of diverse students; student success through retention, graduation rate and degrees conferred; and impact through campus climate, inclusiveness and cultural competency.
The plan now goes to the Kentucky Council for Postsecondary Education for approval.
In other business, the Board:
- Honored Faculty Regent Barbara Burch. Dr. Burch’s term is ending.
- Approved accepting ownership of 1780 Normal Drive from the WKU Real Estate Corporation. WKU secured 50 percent ownership in 2004 with the Real Estate Corporation securing the remainder. WKU paid the Real Estate Corporation back through a lease.
- Approved accepting ownership of the Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex at 104 Alumni Ave. from the Real Estate Foundation. Lease payments and donor support have allowed the foundation to retire the debt on the property.
- Approved accepting ownership of space inside the Center for Research and Development, 2700 Nashville Road, and several outparcels, from the WKU Foundation and the transfer of some outparcels to the Foundation to create an endowment.
- Approved graduate certificates in biology and health education.
- Approved emeritus appointments for R. Dale Smith, Gary Villereal and Susan Wesley in Social Work; Thomas C. Noser in Economics; Jo-Anne Ryan in Journalism and Broadcasting; and Connie Foster, Libraries.
- Approved renaming Development & Alumni Affairs to Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement.
Contact: Bob Skipper, (270) 745-4295
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
Western Kentucky University’s College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) will honor the opening of their first student-applied research center, the WKU Center for Environmental and Workplace Health (CEWH).
Loup Langton receives the honor of serving as Turner Professor in Journalism at WKU.
Over the past two years, faculty in the WKU English Department have been creatively rethinking the English curricula to ensure that our programs serve 21st-century English majors well.
WKU’s Forensics Team divided into three groups and traveled to Lebanon, Illinois; Normal, Illinois; and Jefferson City, Tennessee, to compete in six tournaments Nov. 11-12.
Students, faculty, and staff from the Center for Human GeoEnvironmental Studies (CHNGES) and Department of Geography & Geology recently attended national conferences in Arkansas and Washington state.
A bronze statue of longtime WKU supporter and Kentucky State Rep. Jody Richards of Bowling Green was unveiled on WKU’s main campus Monday (Nov. 6) in Jody Richards Hall.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,